Interesting Facts About Taj Mahal: The Taj Mahal is one of the seven wonders of the world. The Taj Mahal is considered a sign of love. The Taj Mahal was built by Shah Jahan in the memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal. The Taj Mahal is located in the city of Agra, Uttar Pradesh.
People come from far and wide to see the Taj Mahal, the Taj Mahal is included in the seven wonders of the world because of its beauty and Babita, that is why people come to see it from abroad as well.
Friends, through today’s post, I am going to tell you some such things about the Taj Mahal which you probably will not know and you have not even heard about those things, so let’s talk about Some interesting facts Taj Mahal.
Interesting Facts About Taj Mahal
(1) The Taj Mahal rests on wood, these are woods that need moisture to keep them strong and this moisture keeps getting these woods from the Yamuna river.
(2) Taj Mahal is the most visited tourist destination in the world. Every day about 12000 people come here to see it. Out of which about 30% people are foreigners.
(3) The Taj Mahal earns about Rs 25 crore in a year.
(4) If you are asked which of the Taj Mahal and Qutub Minar is taller? So you would call it Qutub Minar. But the Taj Mahal is five feet higher than the Qutub Minar.
(5) During the Second World War, the Indo-Pak war of 1971 and the 9/11 attacks of Mumbai, the Taj Mahal was covered with green cloth by making a bamboo circle around it. So that the eyes of the enemies do not fall on the Taj Mahal.
(6) The color of the Taj Mahal appears pink in the morning, white in the afternoon and golden in the evening.
(7) It took about 3 crores at that time to build the Taj Mahal. If we talk about today’s time, then about 7000 thousand crore rupees will be spent to make it.
(8) It took 22 years to build the Taj Mahal and more than 22 thousand laborers worked in its construction.
(9) There is no evidence till date that the Taj Mahal was built by Shah Jahan.
(10) Shah Jahan wanted to build a black building like the Taj Mahal, but his son Aurangzeb had imprisoned him, due to which Shah Jahan’s dream could not be fulfilled.
(11) According to Hindus, Taj Mahal is actually a Shiva temple whose original name is Tejo Mahalaya.
(12) The towers built around the Taj Mahal are in such a way that even if an earthquake occurs, it will not fall on the tomb in the middle.
(13) 28 different types of precious stones have been used to build the Taj Mahal. Which were brought from many countries. About 1000 elephants were used for this task.
(14) All the fountains in front of the Taj Mahal work together as there is a copper tank beneath all the fountains which simultaneously fill and release water when pressure builds up.
(15) There is a duplicate building of Taj Mahal in Aurangabad which is famous as ‘Mini Taj’. Actually this is the tomb of the wife.
Secret of Taj Mahal
(16) It is said that Shah Jahan had got the hands of the laborers who built the Taj Mahal cut off so that he could not build another Taj Mahal. But there is no evidence of this.
With the help of this post, I have told you about the Interesting Facts About Taj Mahal, hope that you would have liked the information given by me, if yes, then share this information with your friends too, thank you.